Here is another nautical inspired “thank you” I created with the extra background I made. This time I used a life saver silhouette file, shaded a bit with copics (can’t tell from the picture though) and covered it in glossy accents. I totally messed up the “thank you” at the bottom, so had to cover it with something. Not crazy about the silver sentiment, but I couldn’t get it off the paper without ruining the background. So, it will just have to do. Not very creative since it looks exactly like the other! It has been one of those days!
Here is my take on a masculine “Thank You” card. Masculine cards are so difficult for me! Obviously, this is Nautically inspired 🙂 Nothing mind blowing and I am sure it has been done before. The cute anchor “charm” was created using my silhouette and heat embossed with Ranger’s detail silver embossing powder. The photo isn’t very good (snow is coming our way, so lighting is very poor), but you get the general gist of it. Probably as masculine as I am going to get!
Here is a card I made for my hubby for our Anniversary. The challenge was to make a “masculine-like” card. Peanut butter and jelly is masculine, right? We are having a debate on whether I am the jelly or the peanut butter though. Which side of the sandwich looks more like a girl to you?
The image is a digital stamp by Drawn with Character. I love her images and they are so fun to color!
Stretch Your Dies – Day 2
I’m revisiting Negative Die Cut Background. I like this technique and I needed to try it with something that was a) not a shamrock and b) used some pretty watercolor backgrounds that I created. I think one of my most favorite things about this OCC class is the watercolor background that Kristina created. I just love it and cannot seem to stop trying different color combos. I use Fabriano Watercolour Paper – Artistico extra white, 100% cotton, hot pressed. I LOVE THIS PAPER! It is so smooth and beautiful. It resembles velvet when it is dry! I have used both the traditional white (which is a bit off-white) and the extra white (which is really really white). Both hot pressed (which means they are really smooth) and both are 140lbs (which means they are really sturdy). I think I am ready to make a lifelong commitment to them.
So, here is my negative die cut background…
I created this using my silhouette and a shape called “Moroccan flower.” I also used PTI linen impression plate (one of my all time favorites) on the pink card base. Not too much to describe here. I used a hodgepodge of watercolors, but mostly Koi watercolors. The sentiment comes from PTI’s wonderful Words: Hello stamp set.
Success! I made something that doesn’t have a Shamrock! I deserve another pint of Guinness 🙂
Stretch Your Dies – Day 2
I wanted to try another technique presented on Day 2 – Negative Die Cut Background. I don’t know what my deal is, but everything is shamrocks lately. I needed one thank you card for St. Patrick’s Day and I end up making three different cards with shamrocks! Oh well, I guess I will just go with what motivates me! I am all set for St. Patrick’s Day 2016!
I don’t own a lot of dies, but I do own a silhouette. I designed the layout via my silhouette program a year or so ago. The first time I created a card with this layout it looked like this…
This time around, I cut the shamrocks from some Neenah Solar White 80lb card. In retrospect, I think I should have used the 110lb, but it was fine. I popped up the white panel over some random green card and matted the whole thing on a random piece of black card. The card base is 5.5×4.25 made from Neenah 110lb card. I also used my silhouette to die cut the hello and covered it in a Wink of Stella. Thank you Stella, I love you.
Here’s a look…
Personally, I like the first card. It took a bit of time to color those shamrocks and I love the dimension. However, the second card is fun. I like it well enough. Now I need to go create something that doesn’t have a shamrock.
Stretch Your Dies – Day 3
Kristina Werner had a fun technique to share on day 3 – Die cuts within larger die cuts. This technique was great in and of itself. But, what I really loved was the paper she created using distress inks as watercolors. I couldn’t wait to try this out and create some of my own paper. Here’s a close up of one of the sheets I made. I used some distress inks and some Kuratake Gansai Tambi Watercolors. I just loved it. I created two backgrounds…haven’t used the other one yet though.
So, here’s the card I created using my new watercolor background and the technique that Kristina shared…
I really liked how this card turned out. I used my silhouette to die cut the different shamrocks. I then arranged those shamrocks on some post it tape and used a circle die to cut them out as a circle shape. It was a bit tedious to put foam adhesive on all the tinier die cuts, but I think it is well worth it.
Here is a technique that may take a bit more effort, but I believe the results are fantastic!